The Autodesk® Navisworks® Essentials course instructs students in best approaches to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, and Presenter, as well as the Clash Detective tools within Autodesk Navisworks.
Using the functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks® Review, Simulate, and Manage features, students learn how to open, review, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. Students also learn how to link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, students create interactive animations. In addition, students learn how the Presenter tools can help them create photorealistic images and animations.
Suggested Course Duration: 2 days
Onscreen Exercises Included? Yes
The primary objective of this courseware is to provide students with a thorough understanding of Navisworks interface and modeling tools. The Training is set up with lessons including exercises within Navisworks. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the main features and functionality of Autodesk Navisworks.
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check the validity of construction schedules
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
- Add true-to-life materials, and lighting and backgrounds to project models, to create photorealistic output.
- Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design.
Who Should Attend
This courseware is designed for new Autodesk Navisworks users.
No previous CAD experience is necessary but experience with 3D modeling is recommended. However, before using this courseware, the student should have a working knowledge of the following:
- Drafting, design, or mechanical engineering principles.
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista, Microsoft® Windows® XP, or Microsoft® Windows® 2000.