This hands-on courseware covers many of the essential features of AutoCAD® Plant 3D. Students learn how to create 3D Piping Designs by placing steel structures, equipment, connecting equipment with pipelines, adding valves, reducers and pipe fittings. After creating the 3D Piping Design the extracting and importing of data is covered; also a topic about validating your 3D Piping Design is part of this course
Suggested Course Duration: 3 days
Onscreen Exercises Included? Yes
This courseware is intended for everyone that has a need for designing Plants and skids in 3D. This course can be followed by either draftsmen or process engineers who have the need to quickly generate 3D models of steel structures, equipment, piping routes, isometric- and orthographic drawings. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create simplified steel structures.
- Create and place equipment
- Connect equipment with pipe lines.
- Add inline components like valves, reducers and pipe fittings.
- Tag and annotate the piping and inline components.
- Create isometric drawings
- Create orthographic drawings
- Import and export data to Microsoft Excel.
- Validate the generated 3D Piping Design.
Who Should Attend
This courseware is designed for users with knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D in AutoCAD.
Before using this courseware, the student should be able to understand and know how to use the AutoCAD 3D environment. In-depth knowledge of Piping Design is not required but will be helpful. It is recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® Vista or Microsoft® Windows® XP.